Part of our desire while in Thailand was to understand and experience the heart and passion Mike and Judy have had for Asian people for the past 30 years. After spending two and a half weeks there, we better understand their love of the Thai people who they have centered their lives around for over 20 years. Thai people are so kind, gentle and appreciative. We fell in love with those we spent time with. We loved being in BJ and Lamoi's home for dinner one night. BJ is the director for Northern Thailand CCC College Ministry. He is a Thai man who came to know the Lord through CCC, and now leads the ministry. Mike is passionate about developing and teaching Thai nationals to lead and minister to their own people.
On another evening, we had the privilege of meeting with Judy's weekly Bible study group of college alumni that meet at her house. This was a highlight of our trip. We learned their names, had a pizza dinner, then we did a craft that was incorporated into their study.
Judy told me ahead of time to bring something for them to make, which was challenging. A ‘craft’ for men and women college graduates who speak broken English, that would have some meaning to it, and could be transported to Thailand. Hmmmm….after walking the isles at Michael's, I settled on a small brown cardboard box, that could be assembled. Then I bought several sheets of letters. My plan was to have them write whatever they wanted on the box, something like ‘Bible Truths’, ‘Promises’, etc. Then, I wanted each to suggest a verse or a 'truth' that had special meaning to them, write it down, and put it in each other's box
Here I am explaining the boxes, letters and verses.
It turned out pretty cool. They loved the alphabet letters, apparently they can’t get them there. They were very creative with what they wrote on their boxes. The most precious part was their verse selection and hearing them share the reason they chose that verse. It turned into a time to really hear their hearts. Mike and Judy and Kyle and I contributed verses and told the reason for our verses as well. I titled our box "Truth from Thailand" and treasure the verses each person hand wrote for our box. I can still hear their broken English explaining their personal story around that verse.
I am praying for Tuu and will look forward to hearing how his parents respond to the presentation of the gospel in August. Tuu is in the red shirt and Jane is in the black and white shirt sitting in front of him. When you think of it, pray for Tuu's family to know Jesus.
What an amazing God we have that He would bless you with this amazing trip. I know that your lives will be forever changed as a result of this blessed time with the Thai people. I believe Amy still supports BJ and Lamoi since her visit there many years ago. My prayers are with you as you process all that you have experienced and share it with your friends and family. Donnie
ReplyDelete