Studying John 20 during another makes-me-think Sunday school lesson, I became aware again of a truth that I hadn’t thought on for a long time. I love our class and the discussion of so many people who know the Word! Here is where the discussion took me:
· Why was the stone rolled away from the tomb when Jesus resurrected?
· Did He need the stone rolled away to get out of the sealed tomb?
· I think the tomb was rolled away for your and my benefit. As with everything surrounding the death, resurrection and ascension, it was done for us. So we could see. And believe.
Admittedly, I see the work God has and is doing in other parts of the world through cloudy glasses. I live the missionary life vicariously through prayer letters, emails, and the spoken word. After stepping into the culture and world of Thailand for just a couple of weeks, my glasses are clearer. God was so gracious in allowing me to see into His work for those days. From the perspective of those who have served there for years (Mike and Judy are now 30 year Asian missionaries), I have seen so little. But, from my perspective, the stone was rolled away. So I could see. And believe.
This YOUTUBE link will take you to my picture of Thailand. I hope you capture the people and can feel their need through the words of the song.
· Why was the stone rolled away from the tomb when Jesus resurrected?
· Did He need the stone rolled away to get out of the sealed tomb?
· I think the tomb was rolled away for your and my benefit. As with everything surrounding the death, resurrection and ascension, it was done for us. So we could see. And believe.
Admittedly, I see the work God has and is doing in other parts of the world through cloudy glasses. I live the missionary life vicariously through prayer letters, emails, and the spoken word. After stepping into the culture and world of Thailand for just a couple of weeks, my glasses are clearer. God was so gracious in allowing me to see into His work for those days. From the perspective of those who have served there for years (Mike and Judy are now 30 year Asian missionaries), I have seen so little. But, from my perspective, the stone was rolled away. So I could see. And believe.
This YOUTUBE link will take you to my picture of Thailand. I hope you capture the people and can feel their need through the words of the song.
Just beautiful! I am so glad you were able to capture the feel of your trip through your words on the blog, the writers words in the song and through your pictures. Gives us a much clearer picture of what you experienced.
ReplyDelete