I am going to post some random photos from the past few days. Some of them recapture what we have already explained, some are new. Enjoy!
Yummy fresh squeezed orange juice and coconut milk from a street vendor in Bangkok. A great break in our jet-lag day when we arrived.
One of the practices is for the Buddhist believers to gain merit with their gods. They do it in many ways, some that I explained on other posts. This one is feeding the fish. There are bread stands and bread boats where people buy bread, then immediately tear it up and give it to the fish. The cat fish are huge and very eager for the constant feedings they receive. All this to please their gods.
One of the practices is for the Buddhist believers to gain merit with their gods. They do it in many ways, some that I explained on other posts. This one is feeding the fish. There are bread stands and bread boats where people buy bread, then immediately tear it up and give it to the fish. The cat fish are huge and very eager for the constant feedings they receive. All this to please their gods.
Rows of vendors selling fresh flower leis and wreaths to offer as merit.
"Eat Mor Beef"? - a big gold chicken along the road on our trip south to Ranong.
Sawat, the boat driver took Kyle out fly fishing in the Andaman Sea during the afternoon we were on the islands. This was an hour that presented a pretty calm sea, so Kyle could have this cool experience. This is the boat we came and went across the sea in, that protected us when other boats near-by capsized and lost two of their passengers.
Rough housing with the Moken kids....a treat for both us and them!
This is the sight entering any one's home. This was actually at a store. All shoes come off to keep the inside floors clean. This has been strange, no wonder they wear flip flops all the time!
One of Judy's gifts is hospitality. She has planned so much for us, had fresh flowers in the house and in our little guest house. Note the Grady Farms milk bottle with the flowers. Those little bottles get around! It really is a treasure for us to see their home that is so welcoming and comfortable.
Like I said, there are motorbikes everywhere. Pizza Hut delivery here! I'm not sure why he has a coat on, this is in the middle of the day, and we were soooo hot!
These have just been a few random shots for you to see of our experiences here. We are having an incredible time!
For more updates, you can check out Judy's blog too, if you would like.
okay, I will try this again - this is the 3rd time I have tried to add this comment - my password keeps messing up and then I have too many passwords to remember! Anyway - you and Uncle Kyle sure have been having quite a trip and quite the experiences. I am sure you have been a true encouragement to Mike and Judy and the people of Thailand that you have come in contact with. Continue to enjoy our Father's unique and beautiful world there in Asia. Love to you, Tami
ReplyDeleteI am having SUCH a good time reading about your travels....I have been many places around the world and it is SO refreshing to travel and gain new perspective on how we live....
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe you only paid $20 for an hour and 45 min massage....that is worth the plane ticket!!!
Glad you are having a great time... :-)
Heather Waldorf