Sunday, June 7, 2009

It grew!


In all my excitement and planning for our Thailand trip, I have realized something tonight. As I have been working out a spread sheet for our family of where and when we will be throughout the trip, and after a call to Judy, I realized a discrepancy in the foretold length of our trip.

I think my excitement has been fertilizer for our trip plans. Somehow I grew the trip from two and a half weeks to three weeks. Hmmm, I wonder how this happened? It is three Friday-Monday weekends, and the days in between, and then you just have to go with me.....I got excited. Well, and there is the fact that we arrive home the same day we leave Thailand. So, add a day there, since it takes 23 hours to get there, but no time to get home. So, all in all we are looking at 19 days rather than 21, yet still gone from work 21 days to allow a packing day on the front and an unpacking day on the end. I guess it is not that big of a difference.

My excitement has me seeing things bigger than life. I am anticipating more than I can imagine and enjoying it for longer than is planned. I am thinking that is living life full.....and I don't mind being guilty of such extravagance!

1 comment:

  1. Betty, This is what I enjoy so much about you...giddy honesty, is it such a phrase? Anyway have a great time while you are gone and we will try real hard to keep WSR winsome until our return.

    ReplyDelete